Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Paris is for lovers.

I promised myself I'd write about every city, so here's my little blurb about Paris. While it definitely wasn't my favorite city, and I really didn't get tge hype, I definitely had fun and was glad I went. Even if it did take all my money. It'd be fun to go back and not have to do Paris on a budget.

While it rained the whole time we were there, we still got to all the sites.

Our first night in Paris, we went wine tasting. This was my favorite part. We tasted 6 different wines and learned all about French wine from a sommelier. My favorite was the Bordeaux, but I really enjoyed all of the wines and it was a fun experience. After that we headed to the Eiffel Tour and had a picnic in the grass. We sat and admired it for a while just enjoying it. The rest of the trip was really rainy, but we saw Notre Dam, I went to the famous Shakespeare and Company bookstore and cafe, and spent the next afternoon reading and people watching. We ate way too many crepes, had delicious macaroons, and went to the Palace of Versailles. It was a fun time in Paris, but I didn't fall in love with the city like I did everywhere else. Maybe I'm just not a romantic :)

Picnic'd at the Eiffel Tower!





Tasted some real French champagne. 
Wine tasting in Paris! 



Notre Dam

Favorite cafe. I bought Rupi Kaur's Milk and Honey and sat for hours with an americano.
The Louvre.
Was only able to get this picture because I towered over everyone in Europe. 
Inside the Louvre.
Delicious macarons.
The Palace of Versaille. 

The famous hall of mirrors.
Had to go shopping in Paris, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment